Emissions Warning: This product is not designed for public highway or street use, and is only legal for formally sanctioned race use on a racing vehicle that may never be used on a public highway or street.
Black Edition Kits Info: These kits typically just feature a special black Rotrex housing unit and oil cooler, but please see the pictures for details since some applications do differ.
Looking for maximum performance in an easy to install reliable package? KraftWerks supercharger kits are an excellent way to get the power you want. Each KraftWerks Kit is designed around the latest Rotrex superchargers. They also include all of the brackets, piping, intercooler, oiling system, and any fuel parts needed to install the kit and go. These supercharger kits are built to be used with stock engine internals and still offer great performance gains. By offering each kit with a drive pulley sized specifically to offer optimum boost, you get huge power gains with stock reliability and driveability, plus the factory A/C and accessories are maintained on almost all applications.
Each KraftWerks Kit is based around the revolutionary Rotrex supercharger. What makes the Rotrex unit so different is the step up mechanism inside of the drive housing that is capable of generating impeller speeds up to 120,000 RPM. Rotrex calls their drive system a traction drive unit that utilizes planetary style "gears" to generate the impeller speeds usually only seen on turbo applications. The innovative part of these kits is the "gears" do not use teeth which are the common design of other centrifugal style superchargers. They use a special lubricating and cooling oil that also creates a high coefficient of friction when it is squeezed between the drive surfaces of the planetary gears and impeller shaft. This traction fluid is completely self contained from the engine and each KraftWerks kit comes with an oil cooler, pump, filter, reservoir, and lines to make installation a breeze and add the durability that lesser thought out supercharger kits can be plagued by.
So what makes KraftWerks supercharger kits different than other forced induction options?
- When compared to turbocharging your car the KraftWerks kit offers easier install, less complex piping, and a more linear boost curve. The Rotrex blower is still able to maintain high thermal efficiency thanks to its high speed impeller and step up design, just like a turbo. This gives you a linear boost curve so power builds evenly all the way to redline. Unlike a turbo which only gives you boost in upper RPM range and below that you are stuck waiting for the turbo to spool. KraftWerks gives you boost as soon as you put the pedal down.
- When you start comparing the KraftWerks Rotrex supercharger kits to other superchargers you'll see how innovative they really are. There are two kinds of superchargers used in automotive applications. These are known as positive displacement and centrifugal superchargers. The positive displacement blowers are the evolution of the original supercharger design used on cars since the 1920's. These kits use two rotors inside of a housing that pulls air in around the outside of the rotors as they spin, and then forces it into the intake manifold by having the rotors seal against each other to not allow the intake air back out through the middle. These superchargers are typically mounted right to the intake manifold which makes it difficult to fit an intercooler in most modern cars. These superchargers are still used because they produce full boost at very low RPMs which makes for a very wide power band, but doesn't offer the top end gains of a turbo or centrifugal supercharger because they create lots of heat when pushed to their limits.
- The Rotrex unit is centrifugal supercharger, but that doesn't mean it's the same as every other centrifugal supercharger out there. To start with, we come back to the size, since the Rotrex unit is such a high RPM design it is smaller than equivalent centrifugal superchargers from other manufacturers. This makes the Rotrex kit much easier to package in a modern car than other designs which can be as larger as 9" across. Try finding a place to mount a dinner plate in your engine bay where it would touch the belt. You can see how much compromise is required to mount one of those blowers in your car. The hallmark of all centrifugal blowers is the linear increase in boost as RPM's increase. This gives you a mild increase in power at lower RPMs that builds to the maximum boost right at redline. When your racing or doing any performance driving you use the higher RPM ranges so your never out of boost and since the supercharger is mounted at the drive belts on the front of the motor, it's easy to route the charge piping to the front bumper for an intercooler, which all KraftWerks kits come with.
- KraftWerks superchargers use a bypass valve, which allows the engine to run without seeing any boost until the throttle is depressed. As a result, highway cruising conditions keep the engine in closed-loop control, resulting in great fuel economy.
- KraftWerks kits are designed for easy installation and all kits include detailed installation instructions. KraftWerks kits require anywhere from 4-10 hours of installation time, depending on the system and installer. However, if you believe that you cannot complete the installation, contact your local performance shop or automotive dealer for an installation estimate.
- The Rotrex supercharger uses a unique traction fluid called Rotrex SX100. SX100 works by momentarily increasing viscosity under high surface pressure, enhancing the traction drive performance by securing the optimum friction between rolling elements while cooling and protecting the system. The Rotrex pumps its own oil and does not use engine oil, so there is no need to tap into your oil pan, or to even purchase a turbo timer. The Rotrex SX100 traction oil is available direct from KraftWerks.
- If your application is CARB Compliant / Exempt, a CARB EO# sticker will be provided, which should be placed under your hood after installation of your KraftWerks supercharger system. Please contact us in advance for the CARB status of the kit you are looking at.
- Unless otherwise noted, there are absolutely no additional pieces required. Everything is included in each KraftWerks supercharger system.
- Most all kits retain factory air conditioning and all accessories. Contact us for details on the particular kit you're interested in.
Base Maps: KraftWerks does supply "base map" tune files for some applications, but these base maps may only work for certain vehicle configurations (for example, with Skunk2 headers and exhaust). In general, we recommend getting a custom dyno tune or e-tune with any KraftWerks Supercharger Kit. The base maps are really just designed to get your car driveable enough to get a custom tune.
Optional Parts: To maximize power with this supercharger, we recommend getting headers and full cat-back exhaust system. On some systems, headers may warrant a re-tune and may effect emissions status. You may also need to upgrade your clutch due to the increased power levels. If you purchase a kit without a BOV or bypass valve, then we recommend purchasing a KraftWerks BOV.
Other Recommendations: Please only use premium fuel (91 octane or better). Colder spark plugs are recommended as well, if they are available for your vehicle.
Availability and Condition: Unless otherwise noted, this product is in brand new condition and usually in stock at one of our warehouses, or will ship directly from the manufacturer.
The link bellow will drop you to the same Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit but for a different car.