CARB Compliance / Exemption Warning: If you live in California and your application for this product is not CARB Compliant / Exempt, then you cannot purchase it for public highway or street use. However, if you are using this product strictly for formally sanctioned race use on a racing vehicle that may never be used on a public highway or street, then this product is still legal for that use. If your application is not CARB Compliant / Exempt and you're shipping to California, our system will let you know on the final checkout page.
Includes 1 or 2 camshafts, depending on whether your engine is SOHC or DOHC.
New: Skunk2 camshafts now use Amax and Fast Ramp Technologies (the same used in F1 racing) to maximize the area under the lift curve and reduce seat timing, which maximizes torque and cylinder pressure. These technologies allow greater gains without compromising reliability and valvetrain stability! Skunk2 also is using newly revised camshaft blanks that have increased torsional strength, improved durability characteristics, and reduced frictional effects.
Skunk2 Racing camshaft profiles are designed using the latest computerized valvetrain and modeling techniques to maximize horsepower and torque. The Skunk2 camshafts are designed utilizing years of racing experience. These camshaft blanks are cast from the same foundries used by auto manufacturers such as Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and Mitsubishi, and utilize the latest in Japanese chill-casting technology. Skunk2 Racing camshafts are ground to exact specification using CNC cam grinding machines and are subjected to hours of performance and durability testing. Skunk2 Racing camshafts must pass stringent quality control standards that exceed OEM requirements.
Tuner Series Camshafts:
- Skunk2 Tuner Series camshafts retain factory idle quality and low speed emissions and also significantly increase horsepower and torque. When applicable, the VTEC crossover from primary to secondary is more dramatic for that classic VTEC surge.
- Stage 1: Street cam designed for stock engines with some bolt-on modifications. Also ok to use on aggressive turbo/supercharged applications. Upgraded valvetrain recommended, but not required.
- Stage 2: Street/Race cam designed for engine with free-flowing intake and exhaust tracts and increased compression. Upgraded valvetrain required.
- Stage 3: Street/Race cam designed for engines that require the top-end power to carry into higher rpms than what is possible with Stage2 cams. Upgraded valvetrain required.
- Turbo Stage 1: Street cam designed for normal rpm and low boost levels of 5-10 PSI. Ideal for basic street legal turbo kits. Upgraded valvetrain recommended, but not required. ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SELECT APPLICATIONS.
- Turbo Stage 2: Street/Race Turbo cam designed for medium boost levels of 10+ PSI and slightly higher RPMs. Ideal for custom turbo/supercharged applications. Upgraded valvetrain required. ONLY AVAILABLE FOR SELECT APPLICATIONS.
Pro Series Camshafts:
- Skunk2 Pro Series camshafts are designed to optimize mid-range and top-end horsepower and torque. When applicable, the VTEC crossover is seamless, allowing for the broadest possible powerband.
- Stage 1: Street cam with high lift that dramatically improves horsepower, torque, engine response, and valvetrain stability. Rated by experts as "the best all around" camshaft! Peak power is designed to occur at factory redline. Pro Series Stage 1 cams also perform great in high-output turbo racing engines. Valvetrain upgrade required. Skunk2 Pro Series valvetrain recommended.
- Stage 2: Street/Race cam with high lift designed to optimize mid-range and top end horsepower and torque. Peak power is increased and power band is moved 700 RPM higher than with the Pro Series Stage 1. Pro Series valvetrain required.
- Stage 3: Extreme Street/Race cam designed to optimize mid-range and top end horsepower and torque. Peak power is increased and power band is moved 1400 RPM higher than with the Pro Series Stage 1. No other high rpm racing cam can come close to the Pro Series Stage 3. Pro Series valvetrain required.
Oversized Valves Notes: In general, we don't recommend using oversized valves with anything more aggressive than the Tuner Series Stage 1 camshafts.
Availability and Condition: Unless otherwise noted, this product is in brand new condition and usually in stock at one of our warehouses, or will ship directly from the manufacturer.
The link bellow will drop you to the same Skunk2 High Performance Camshafts but for a different car.