Competition Clutch specializes in manufacturing sport compact assemblies from street driven to full race applications. You will find Competition Clutch products being proudly used in some of the fastest sport compact race cars in the country, including a number of the most recognized industry icon vehicles.
The Stage 2 clutches provide an estimated 80% increase in torque capacity and they are properly suited for aggressive street use and moderate track use. The Carbon Kevlar material, with its alloy backing, is matched to a performance pressure plate will provide smooth engagement and extended life.
The Stage 2 clutch kits for your Honda Civic include a Competition Clutch performance pressure plate and a high torque sprung disc with anti-burst steel backed Carbon Kevlar facings.
Select Stages 2 clutch kit applications are available with an Xtreme 2300 lb. pressure plate. This dual spring pressure plate can deliver approximately 30-50% more clamping force than the standard Stage 2 pressure plate. Using the Xtreme pressure plate is recommended only if you track your vehicle often or prefer a stiffer clutch pedal feel.
- Increased torque capacity, durability, & extended clutch life.
- All street discs are designed for smooth engagement & quiet operation.
- Pressure & release travel in the optimum working range.
- Able to withstand high heat & abuse.
- High quality clutch kit - great precision, designed and tested in the USA.
- Pilot bearing/bushing included with many kits (please call or email us if you want details for your specific application).
- Release bearing/throw out bearing included with many kits (please call or email us if you want details for your specific application).
- Alignment tool included for most kits (please call or email us if you want details for your specific application).
- 90 day limited warranty.
Break-in Notes: For all Stage 2 clutch kits, we recommend breaking in the clutch for 300-500 miles with mild engagement, such as stop and go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period.
Flywheel Notes: A smooth, flat flywheel surface is essential for proper clutch operation. If upon inspection of your Honda Civic's flywheel there are signs of scoring, heat damage or warpage, the flywheel should be resurfaced or replaced to assure good clutch performance. IF YOUR FLYWHEEL SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF CRACKING, REPLACE IT! If you unsure about the condition of your flywheel, we highly recommend purchasing a Competition Clutch flywheel with your clutch kit. Typically, flywheel resurfacing costs around $80 to $100, but it can be hard to find a quality shop to do it. It is usually almost as cost effective just to purchase a new flywheel.
Availability and Condition: Unless otherwise noted, this product is in brand new condition and usually in stock at one of our warehouses, or will ship directly from the manufacturer.