👨🔧 Honda Civic Fitment Help
Only view your car's parts catalog.
Select your specific car using Garage.Jump to Garage
One of the most important roles in the drivetrain is the clutch. As power is increased, the clutch begins to struggle to put the power down. Stronger single disk clutches exist and will be able to hold massive amounts of power. However, it becomes harder and harder to drive as well. With this in mind, ACT released twin plate clutches to provide an alternative to the standard clutch. Twin disc clutches provide a system that allows you to have a lot of power, but still allow you to drive it as a normal daily driver. With kits being purpose built for either street or track use. Each kit will also includes a StreetLite or ProLite flywheel as well!
ACT Twin Disc Clutch Design Types:
- Standard: All ACT Twin Disc kits include a CNC-machined and dynamically balanced flywheel to ensure trouble-free installation and operation. The pressure plate has multiple clamp loads for different situation. Each kit is also fully serviceable and rebuildable.
- Sintered Iron: Includes all the same parts and features as the Standard kits but are uniquely designed with special heat treated discs. This increases heat resistance and allows for very strong clamping loads and engagement. These kits will also have 10% - 20% stiffer pedal feel. Specifically designed to be able to take a lot of abuse.
- MOD: Includes all the same parts and features as the Standard kits but with a new modular design. These kits use a unique central hub (mono drive) design. While with most clutches the discs have the splines for the input shaft, these kits have the disc splined to fit the central hub. This design reduces weight, size, and failure points. It also allows you to switch out discs at a later point (email us for details).
ACT builds multiple types and styles of twin disc clutches that are suited for different situations. Please ensure to double check each kit to ensure it meets your specific needs.
ACT Twin Disc Clutch Clutch Performance Levels:
- Heavy Duty Street: These are kits are well suited for use on street driven vehicles. Available in both a Spring and Rigid style. Moderate pedal feel and easy engagement. Most are capable of holding around 700 ft-lbs of torque.
- Xtreme Street: These are kits are still suited for use on street driven vehicles. Available in both a Spring and Rigid style. These kits are stronger than the heavy duty and will have a more aggressive engagement and stiffer pedal feel. Most are capable of holding around 850 ft-lbs of torque.
- Heavy Duty Race: Designed to be used on the track. Available in both a Spring and Rigid disc style. Moderate pedal feel, but with a very aggressive engagement. Most are capable of holding around 850 ft-lbs of torque.
- Xtreme Race: Very strong pressure plate. Designed to be used on the track only. Available in both a Spring and Rigid disc style. Stiff pedal feel with a very aggressive engagement. Most are capable of holding around 1000 ft-lbs of torque.
- MaXX Xtreme Race: Strongest pressure plate available. Designed to be used on the track only. Available in both a Spring and Rigid disc style. Very stiff pedal feel with a very aggressive engagement. Only use on the most aggressive builds. Most are capable of holding around 1200 ft-lbs of torque.
- Each kit includes a special application specific flywheel and required hardware to complete the install.
- Multiple disc design types and clutch grades suited for multiple situations.
- Huge torque capacity, great quality / durability, and extended clutch life.
- Designed for smooth operation even on high horsepower / torque Honda Civics.
- Each kit is optimized to work on the track, street, or both.
- Able to withstand high heat & abuse.
- Able to be serviced and rebuilt.
- Uses a proprietary Adjustable Positive Lift Floater system design, which offers quiet operation with no floater rattle and no posts to wear out.
- Race kits are SFI Spec. 1.2 certified and up to 50% lighter than stock.
- Pilot bearing/bushing included with many kits (please call or email us if you want details for your specific application).
- Release bearing/throw out bearing included with many kits (please call or email us if you want details for your specific application).
- Alignment tool included for all kits where applicable.
Break-in Notes: Please refer to the manufacturer's specific instructions for proper break in details for your application.
Availability and Condition: Unless otherwise noted, this product is in brand new condition and usually in stock at one of our warehouses, or will ship directly from the manufacturer.